With the latest mobile technology, almost all of the Internet is in your hands and so is the same with Gmail. Gmail has got dedicated apps for Android, iOS, Windows Phone and Blackberry. For other mobile platforms or devices, you can use the Gmail Mobile App. If you have got an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch you can download Gmail iOS app to access your Gmail account from your iOS device. If you have got an Android mobile or tablet, you can download the Gmail Android app to access your Gmail email on the go.
With Gmail Mobile your messages are grouped like conversations and so your email won’t feel cluttered. Gmail users can easily switch between labels and multiple Gmail accounts right on the phone. Additionally, Gmail on your phone syncs automatically with Gmail on your computer. Gmail Mobile brings the power of Google to your email; You can easily search all your emails to quickly and easily find what you are looking for. And if you are on Android you can use the Gmail widget to check your inbox and compose new messages right from your device’s home screen.
Gmail email filters, intuitive tools offered by Google to Gmail account holders to maximize daily output. These filters work like macros of desktop and automate number of daily tasks like applying a labeling for sorting and filing, redirecting the mail, marking the spam mails and trashing them, marking important mails and calling for immediate action when you login to Gmail account. You can set your personalized filters and automate number of tasks that are performed daily.
- The first step to create filters in Gmail account is to login to www.Gmail.com with the help of username and password.
- You land on account page, click on setting icon on the top right corner of the page.
- Select settings from the drop down list.
- You will redirected to new setting page, now click on filters to open the filters page
- You can either choose to import filters form other email account or create new filter
- Click on “create new filter” if you wish to create one
- You have multiple options to personalise your filters. If you create a filter using email address, you can isolate the mails that are directed to different mail Ids and keep a track of what is happening in the business.
- You can stop unwanted emails from reaching and cluttering your inbox by creating the filter with specific subject line.
- After filling the details in the specified boxes, click on “Create filter with this search”. You will be able to see search results and filter options.
- You can choose the desired filter option like delete it” or “Always mark it as important” or even “Apply the label”. Once you are done click on “create filter”.
If you do a lot of scheduling over Gmail email, then you have a good news here as it is now a little bit easier to create events directly from your Gmail Inbox. Dates and times within Gmail emails are now lightly underlined: click them to schedule that conference call or lunch date without ever leaving Gmail.
When you click on one of these underlined dates, you will be able to preview your schedule for the day and change the title, date or time of the event. Clicking “Add to Calendar” will add the event to your calendar. The other good thing for your extra convenience is that the calendar event will include a link back to the original email.
If you are an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch user, you can download the official Gmail iOS app from Google. If you are not interested in accessing Gmail directly from www.Gmail.com, you can download the Gmail iOS App from iTunes store. The newly redesigned Gmail App brings the best of Gmail with real-time notifications, multiple account support and search across your entire inbox.
Gmail iOS App Features
- Switch between up to 5 accounts
- Get notified of new mail fast, with notification center, badge and lock screen options
- Search through all your mail quickly – now with predictions as you type
- See profile pictures as part of the conversation
- Read your mail with threaded conversations
- Auto-complete contact names as you type from your Google contacts or your phone
- Respond to Google Calendar invites right from the app
- Read and respond to interactive Google+ posts right from the app
- Organize your mail by archiving, labeling, starring, deleting and reporting spam
- Send and receive attachments
- Customize emails with custom scribbles
Download Gmail iOS App
Password is a very important thing that keeps any of your online account safe. If you are looking for www.Gmail.com Signup, then you must choose a very strong password. Your Gmail password should be easy for you to remember but should be hard for others to guess. Make sure not to choose a dictionary word as your password. Try to include punctuation marks, numbers and mix capital and lowercase letters in your Gmail password.
If you have already created your Gmail account and are looking to change Gmail password then do follow the below steps to change your Gmail password:
- Click the gear icon in the upper right, then select Settings.
- If you are on a mobile device, switch to desktop view for the full list of settings.
- Open the Accounts and Import tab.
- In the ‘Change account settings’ section, click Change password.
- In the new window, enter your current password and your new password.
If you are an Android user and have already gone for www.Gmail.com signup and are using Gmail on your mobile then you can fine tune the settings of your Gmail Android app based on your needs. Basically there are two types of settings in the Gmail app for Android – General settings that apply to all Gmail accounts on your device and Account settings that only apply to a specific account.
- General Settings for Gmail Android app includes Confirm before deleting/sending/archiving, Swiping conversation list, Reply all, Auto-fit messages, Auto-advance, Hide checkboxes, Message actions and Clear search history or picture approvals.
- Account settings for Gmail Android app includes Priority Inbox, Notifications, Inbox sound & vibrate, Signature, Sync Gmail, Days of mail to sync, Manage labels and Download attachments.
To change your Gmail general settings, touch Menu, then Settings and choose General settings. For changing account settings go to Menu, then Settings and choose your account. Gmail users need to note that some Gmail settings, like creating a label, are only available in the desktop version of Gmail at http://mail.google.com.
If you are a Gmail user, you need to make sure that your Gmail account is secure. The first and the foremost thing that you need to keep in mind is to choose a strong and secure password for your Gmail account. It is a good practice to choose a strong password during Gmail Signup. Also make sure to update your Gmail account recovery options to check that they are always up-to-date.
Protecting your Gmail account using all the extra protective layers is very beneficial. Gmail 2-step verification adds an extra layer of security to your account by requiring you to sign in with something you know (your password) and something you have (a code sent to your phone). Never enter your password after following a link in an email from an untrusted site. Always go directly to mail.google.com or www.Gmail.com. Also make sure that from your Gmail settings, select ‘Always use HTTPS.’ This setting protects your information by encrypting the data.
Rumors hint us that HTC could be working on shaking things up, too. Reports of a new phablet, possibly called the HTC One Max, have been coming in fast and furiously lately, and I think this time, they’re right on track. What do you think? Would you be into a phone with a 5.9-inch screen?